Friday, February 22, 2008

Carry Cash Instead Of The Cards...


I mentioned before about the great tip to leave your credit cards at home so you don't even have the option to add more debt to them and this tip goes along with that but I thought it was even better and worth mentioning on it's own. So many people these days use their debit cards instead of cash but it occurred to me that putting away every card you have, even a debit card can really help cut down your spending. The way this should be done is you should set a limit each week of the amount of money you think you will spend for that week. Calculate it all out or even go as a daily guide and then visit an ATM for only the cash you need. This way you won't be able to overspend because you won't have any other option in your wallet. To some it may seem very silly but each person is different and I believe in giving advice that can reach a large variety of people and their different personalities. Try it out and see what kind of difference it makes for you. Share your thoughts with comments below.

3 comments:

gallioct said...

I don't think just carrying your cards would put you in debt I think as long as your careful that you can use them if anything, use them and just make sure to pay them off every month. So that you can build your credit. Remember that all cards can hurt you even store cards
.

Credit Expert said...

I used to be a cash only person. As a waitress, I always had cash on hand. But I also spent it as fast as I made it. Cash can be just as dangerous as credit cards.

ExpertsOnCredit

Kaylee said...

I'd have to say I agree with you "Credit Expert". Very often cash can flow through the hands just as easily as pulling a credit card out to pay for something quickly and easily. This is why the check cards are at the top of my list for being one of the most important things to have!