Thursday, April 10, 2008

Give Yourself A Break


Sometimes I wonder if perhaps this is what got me into so much debt in the first place, but at the same time I cannot help feeling like we need just a couple of our own simple pleasures now and then. It's different for everyone. For some it's a pair of brand new shoes and others it is a night out to dinner and possibly a good flick. No matter what it is for you, I do believe it's important to indulge yourself now and then. The only trick is, don't put your simple pleasure on a credit card!! In my journey so far with trying to get out of debt I've realized that there is a lot of pride that comes in paying for things with cash instead of pulling out that ever so easy to use credit card. It's amazing how it starts to feel like free money after awhile.

Anyhow, what I basically am getting at with this post is to remind all of you readers that getting strict about getting out of debt should not also rob you of your simple pleasure. Indulge a little. Just remember to pay with cash and leave those stinking credit cards at home so you're not tempted to over do it!

1 comment:

Credit Expert said...

I agree wholeheartedly with this post. There's nothing wrong with treating yourself once in a while, just do it without living beyond your means.

Experts on Credit