Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Use That Tax Return To Pay Down Credit Debt


Okay, today's post is a difficult one for all of us big spenders out there. Let's face it, it's really hard to get a handfull of money and not go out searching for the best and biggest thing to spend it on. I ask you to imagine this though, whatever amount you get back on your taxes that could be immediately applied to your credit card debt, think how long it might otherwise take you to come up with that kind of a payment. Some of us are lucky enough to get a couple of thousand dollars back on our tax returns and that kind of money put directly on credit cards makes a huge difference in the long run on our payoff time. The most idea thing would be to take a percentage of your tax return and put it into a savings or IRA and then apply the rest to that nasty debt. It might hurt a little at first but you'll be thanking yourself later!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thankfully I don't have any of those to pay. I am gonna put some in my svaingins, my babys savings and get my roof redone to cut down on my energy bill. Great blog btw!

Kaylee said...

Thanks so much Sharron. I love to see the comments on here. I think it's great that you don't have any credit card debt to pay. Remember that whenever you pay for something that makes your home more energy effecient to save all receipts because that will qualify for deductions next tax season! Hope to see more people like you on the blog. God bless.